Thursday, January 12, 2012

Introduction - Why Another Blog?

I'm starting this blog because I feel a strong need to share my experiences as they relate to my son's picky eating.  Since I can remember, my son has limited himself to foods that are white and simple in texture.  Which has translated to lots of processed and whole foods that lack nutrients essential for growth and healing. 

Consequently, earlier this year my son experienced some pretty serious behavioral issues such as aggressiveness and social anxiety.  He also started having more chronic episodes of asthma and bronchitis.   

Through my own research and the help of compassionate doctors, I have pinpointed nutrition and food sensitivities as the underlying reasons for what our son has been experiencing.  We initially cut gluten, then additional processed foods and now are on the path of adding more whole, healing foods to his diet.

There have been many ups and downs, and I feel that the insights I have learned along the way through trial and error might come in handy to other families struggling with this vicious cycle that can lead to a whole host of physical and emotional challenges.  I also welcome readers to share insights via commenting. 

If you can relate to any of that then follow me as I share what has worked for us, as well as what we learn as we go forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment